Add a Micro SD card as storage
- A Micro SD card can be used as two kinds of storage.
Portable storage — For transferring files and media between devices.
Tablet storage — For apps, files and media on this tablet only. (A Micro SD card class 10 or better is required).
- 1. Locate the Micro SD card slot on top of the tablet.
- 2. With the label toward the tablet, gently insert the Micro SD card until you hear a click.
- 3. On the lock screen, touch Tap to set up.
- 4. Select the desired storage option (E.g., Portable storage).A Micro SD card which is class 10 or higher is required for tablet storage.
- 5. After the SD card has been set up ready to use, touch Done.
- 6. From the home screen, pull down from the top of the screen.
- 7. Swipe away the SD card notification.
- 8. To safely remove the Micro SD card. From the lock screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- 9. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access all apps.
- 10. Touch Settings.
- 11. Touch Storage.
- 12. Touch the Eject icon.
- 13. The Micro SD can now be removed from your tablet.
- 14. Gently press on the Micro SD card and it will pop out, so it can easily be removed.