1. From the lock screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
2. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access all apps.
3. Touch Settings.
4. Touch Security.
5. Touch Screen lock.
6. Touch PIN.
7. Enter a PIN, then touch Next.
8. Re-enter the PIN, then touch Confirm.
9. Select the desired option (E.g., Show all notification content), then touch Done.
10. The lock screen PIN has been added. The PIN will be required every time you unlock your tablet.
11. To remove the PIN from the lock screen, touch Screen lock.
12. Re-enter your PIN, then touch enter.
13. Touch Swipe.
14. Touch YES, REMOVE.
15. The lock screen PIN has been removed.